Most library loans can be renewed. You can do so at the library by asking staff, or online from your catalog account. There are a few things to know about renewals:
- Most, but not all, items allow 2 renewals. The allowed renewals for specific items is listed in the "Items Checked Out" list. This number decreases as items are renewed.
- Loans cannot be renewed when there are holds waiting.
- Loans can be renewed even if your account has fines over $5 or more than 5 overdue items.
- Renew loans close to the due date. Renewals do not add an extra loan period to the end of the current due date, but start a new loan period at the renewal time.
- If you have a problem with renewing loans online, please contact your local library for assistance.
Renew borrowed materials online
- Login to your online account
- Click the Items Checked out tab
- Select the loans to renew
- Click the box in the list header row to select all loans
- Click the box in the beginning of each row to select individual item
- Click Go
- You will be prompted to verify that you want to renew the loan, click OK
- On successful renewal, the item will move to the end of the list, the due date will change, and the remaining renewal count will decrease by 1
- If the loan cannot be renewed, an error message will display. Typically this is because there are pending holds.