Ancestry Library Edition
This version of the consumer Ancestry product is available free of charge but only on site at an OWWL Library. Library visitors can use their own internet-connected devices (laptops, tablets, etc.) at the library, or use library computers. We recommend that visitors using library computers bring their own flash drives.
The Pioneer Library System and individual libraries have been working to digitize local historic newspapers and make them available online. They are currently distributed across several repositories.
- Digital Archives of the Pioneer Library System - various titles from Livingston (Dansville focus), Ontario (Naples focus), and Wyoming (Arcade focus) Counties
- Digital Archives of the Clyde-Savannah Public Library - various titles from Wayne County (Clyde focus)
- Digital Archives of the Perry Public Library - various titles from Wyoming County (Perry focus)
- Digital Archives of the Sodus Community Library - various titles from Wayne County (Sodus focus)
- Digital Archives of the Stevens Memorial Library & The Attica Historical Society - Attica News and other Attica materials (cemetery plot books, scrapbooks, etc.)
- Digital Archives of the Williamson Public Library - various titles from Wayne County (Williamson focus)
- New York State Historic Newspapers - this repository includes newspapers from across NYS, including papers contributed by Geneva Public Library, Macedon Public Library, Newark Public Library, and Walworth-Seely Public Library
- Chronicling America - this repository includes newspapers from across the United States; the NYS papers are mainly from New York City
Other online repositories
- New York Heritage - this repository is a project of the Empire State Library Network and includes historical, scholarly, and cultural materials held by NYS libraries, museums, and archives. OWWL area collections include: Geneva Historical Society, Geneva Public Library, Macedon Public Library, Naples Library, Newark Public Library
- New York State Archives Digital Collections - primarily materials from the NYS Archives
- New York State Library Digital Collections - NYS government documents and historical materials held by the NYS Library